Last updated: May 12, 2020
We do not collect your personal data unless you provide it to us. We only use such information to provide and improve the website and our services.
You means the individual accessing or using the service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the service, as applicable.
Company (referred to as either "the company", "we", "us" or "our" in this policy statement) refers to Down To Earth Cuisine, 5608 17th Ave NW #515, Seattle, WA 98107.
Account means a unique account created for you to access our service or parts of our service.
Website refers to https://www.downtoearthcuisine.com/
Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the company to facilitate the website, to provide services on behalf of the company, or to assist the company in analyzing how the website is used.
Third-Party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a user can log in or create an account to view information about or interact with the company.
Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the website (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device, or any other device by a website, containing information regarding your visit to the website.
Consent refers to your permission to collect, use, transfer, and store your data as outlined herein. By using our website and by voluntarily providing your data to us, your consent is explicitly implied.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
While using our website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to: first and last name, email address, phone number, and/or physical and/or mailing address.
Usage data is collected automatically when using the website. Usage data may include information such as your device's internet protocol address ("IP address"), browser type and version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on individual pages, and other diagnostic data. Usage data collected by way of visiting our website does not include personally identifiable information.
When you access the website by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, the IP address of your device's connection, your mobile device operating system, the type of mobile internet browser you use, and other website usage data as above.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
Cookies are essential to provide you with services available through the website and to enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some parts of our website.
Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser. Learn more about cookies here: https://www.termsfeed.com/blog/cookies/. Our website only uses session cookies.
Use of Your Personal Data
The company may use personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our website: including to monitor the usage of our website.
- To manage your account: to manage your registration as a user of the website. The personal data you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the service that are available to you as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance, and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services you have purchased or of any other contract with us through the website.
- To contact you: to contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide you with information: to send news, special offers and general information about other goods, services, and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage your requests: to attend and manage your requests to us.
We may share your personal and/or usage information in the following situations:
- With website services providers: we may share your usage information with service providers only as necessary to monitor and analyze the use of our website and to maintain our website.
- With merchant processing providers: for payment processing, to contact you.
- With other users: when you share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such as in commenting on blog posts or providing reviews. Such information may be viewed by all website users and may be publicly distributed outside of our website. If you interact with other users through a third-party social media service, other users on that third-party social media service may see your name, profile, pictures, and description of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you and view your profile.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The company will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data Is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our website, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including personal data, is processed on the server(s) where our website is hosted, and at the company's operating offices, and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your local jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
- Law enforcement: Under certain circumstances, the company may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
- Other legal requirements: The company may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: comply with a legal obligation, protect and defend the rights or property of the company, prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with our services, protect the personal safety of users of the website or the public, protect against legal liability.
- Security of your personal data: The security of your personal data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Detailed Information on the Processing of Your Personal Data
Service providers have access to your personal data only to perform their tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Analytics: We may use third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our website.
- Advertising: We may use service providers to show advertisements to you to help support and maintain our service.
- Email marketing: We may use your personal data to contact you with newsletters, marketing, or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. We may use third-party email marketing service providers to manage and send emails to you. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the "unsubscribe" link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us directly.
Our service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, we may require your parent's consent before we collect and use that information.
California Residents' Privacy Rights
- California Consumer Privacy Act and Shine the Light Law: Under California civil code section 1798 (California's Shine the Light Law), California residents with an established business relationship with us can request information once a year about sharing their personal data with third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. Consumers may also request to be removed from our database upon request. If you'd like to request more information under the California Consumer Privacy Act or Shine The Light Law, and if you are a California resident, you can contact us using the contact information provided below.
- California Customer Records Act: This law protects the personal information of California residents by requiring businesses to provide notice before collecting customers' information and maintaining the security of such information.
- California privacy rights for minor users: California business and professions code section 22581 allow California residents under the age of 18 who are registered users of online sites, services, or applications to request and obtain removal of content or information they have publicly posted.
To request removal of your data under any of these laws, and if you are a California resident, you can contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account. Be aware that your request does not guarantee complete or comprehensive removal of content or information posted online and that the law may not permit or require removal in certain circumstances.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party sites or services.