Homemade Vegan Pesto
Pesto is an Italian sauce with many uses. With basil, Parmesan cheese (optional), and oil as its base ingredients, there are many modifications to fit your palate. It’s great on pasta, pizza, and with minor modifications as a light salad dressing. The below recipe is a family favorite.
- Blender or food processor
- 2 tbsp Basil (fresh or stir-in paste)
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Avocado (small)
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves to taste)
- 1/2 cup Oil (traditionally olive oil)
- 1/4 cup Water
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Gather all ingredients
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and use until it becomes a paste. Continue adding water or oil for a smoother sauce.
- Spread over your dish, and enjoy! Let us know what you think!
Our personal chefs love to prepare home-cooked meals with pesto. If you're a pesto lover and considering Seattle home meal preparation, reach out and ask about our favorite recipes!