Sri Lankan Pork Curry
Wow your friends with this quick curry dish. This recipe brings out the bold flavors in the spices traditionally used in an authentic Sri Lankan curry dish.
- satue pan
- 1 lb Pork shoulder
- ½ cup Red onion
- 1 tbsp Ginger chopped
- 1 tbsp Garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp Cumin powder
- 4 tbsp Curry powder
- 2 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 2 tbsp Curry leaf
- 1 tsp Cardamom pods
- 4 whole Cloves
- 2 tbsp Black pepper
- 2 tbsp Coconut milk
- 1½ cups Liquid or stock
- Salt to taste
- Heat the sauté pan and add oil then add the onion, garlic, ginger, and sauté until get light brown.
- Add the curry leaf, cumin powder, chili powder, coriander powder, curry powder, black pepper, cardamom pods and cloves, sauté all of them until get dark brown on slow heat.
- After few minutes add the pork cubs and salt then mix all ingredients together.
- Add about 1 cup of water and bring this to a boil.
- Simmer it for 45 min to 1 hour.
- Check back in 45 min add the ½ cup of water if needed.
- Then add the coconut milk and keep until get a thick gravy.
- Add the salt and pepper for seasoning as needed.
- Serve as a hot and spicy main dish.
Chef Milan Dodanduwa came from humble beginnings. He was born and raised in Kandy, Sri Lanka. He spent most of his time in his mother's kitchen. After collage, Milan went to culinary school and graduated from the Culinary Institute of Sri Lanka in 2009. His first job was working for Sri Lankan Airlines Catering.