Oysters on the Half Shell
Check out this easy spin on the classic "oysters on the half shell", add a hint of chili to kick it up a notch! Perfect for a summer day at the beach or in your backyard!
- oyster knife
- 3 Miyagi oysters or whatever fresh oysters are available in your area
- 1 cup Hot mix micro greens for garish
- ½ Fresno chili minced
- ½ Shallot minced
- ½ Fresh lime, juiced
- 1 oz Olive oil
- 1 pinch Cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ oz Champagne vinegar
- 1 clove Garlic
- Shuck oysters and reserve
- To make the Mignonette sauce, first mince garlic, shallots, Fresno chili and cilantro.
- Add lime juice, vinegar and olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Assemble. Spoon mignonette sauce over oysters and place on micro greens.
Taking advantage of some of the amazing seafood in the Pacific NW, this recipe uses the delicious Hood Canal Miyage Oysters. Miyagi Oysters have been cultured for over 300 years in Japan before reaching the Washington coast. If these are not available in your area, feel free to use whatever oyster you get locally.